CREDITS:

Digital scrap items in the header, layouts and sidebar are by Miss Mint at PeppermintCreative.com or Jen Wilson at JenWilsonDesigns.com

Monday, October 6, 2008

New Floor Photos!

Okay, Thursday night we hauled everything out of the office and ripped out the carpet. I took this picture on Friday morning before we left to go pick up the planks:



I'm skipping some of the in-between shots but here is Brian working on the most difficult part of the floor. Everything went pretty smooth until we got to the doorway with it's weird cuts:



We had to bring in some professional help...



And this is how the room looked when we finished it - trim and all - late Saturday night!



We're pretty proud of ourselves and I have to admit the floors look more gorgeous than I thought they would. This photo shows the color and variation pretty accurately. We got all the furniture moved back in and it looks like a whole new room! It's nice to have all the hurricane/baby daze/vinyl/craft clutter gone. :)

Brian says that he would do it again. I don't know if I agree. The bickering about whose math and cut angles were more off was enough to convince me to not do a big flooring project together again. Better left to the guys in my opinion! LOL!

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

It looks beautiful in the picture...probably even better in person. Way to go, both of you!!!