CREDITS:

Digital scrap items in the header, layouts and sidebar are by Miss Mint at PeppermintCreative.com or Jen Wilson at JenWilsonDesigns.com

Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday: Housecleaning

Of all my personality traits, I find my need for schedules and my tendency for a slight amount of messiness don't really go together for anyone but me! I'm a to-do list fanatic and really do work best when I have a set project to accomplish for the day. Lately I have finally felt like I am getting in the swing of things and have a pretty set daily schedule. I know a lot of my friends will call me on Fridays to ask what I am doing and then answer themselves "Nevermind! It's Friday, you're grocery shopping!" I really do like my grocery shopping day. I think Aiden does, too. He's always so happy to be pushed around the brightly colored aisles.

Another scheduled day that has emerged is my monday housecleaning day. This was more out of necessity than anything, since we tend to relax and not stress about much more than the kitchen on weekends. By monday the house is ready for a fresh dusting and some windex. (Thanks to Major and all the tile, EVERY day is vacuuming day...) Funny thing is, I am really beginning to like my cleaning day! It's to the point I sometimes cringe as I get my pans out to cook dinner on my freshly scrubbed and gleaming stovetop. I am such a MESS when I cook. I honestly try but I can't help it. I slosh, spill or boil over something just about every evening. This is part of the reason why the kitchen gets a second scrub-down on Thursdays.

Now you guys know me and it's not all work and no play over here. (Believe me, Brian thinks it's quite the opposite!) After my monday housecleaning day, Tuesday and Wednesday are fun, get-out-of-the-house days. I run any errands I need, take Aiden to the park, go hang out with friends, have playdates, go to the mall or Hobby Lobby....and just enjoy the best things about being a stay at home mom. And I know I'm not the only mom that will tell you that oddly, it makes me really, really happy to take care of my family. (Even if I was up at 3:45 with the baby, have already wiped a runny nose who knows how many times this morning and had pears spit all over me at breakfast! LOL!)

PC Stuff: I feel like my blog entries are so boring without something pretty to look at! For now I have been working on a couple new hybrids and I REALLY wish I could show you some pictures. Those will come soon. For now I am really looking forward to the new kits & paper packs. I LOOOOOOOVE Valentines day!!!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

You forget to mention that V-day is your birthday! It's a doubly wonderful holiday for you! Can't wait to see the new kit, either!

Alisha said...

Be sure to let us know when the new stuff is out. I wish I could be a little more organized with a schedule. My house needs help, but then again...you saw it!