CREDITS:

Digital scrap items in the header, layouts and sidebar are by Miss Mint at PeppermintCreative.com or Jen Wilson at JenWilsonDesigns.com

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Kids are fun!

At least your own are fun! I am really enjoying Aiden. We have started going for walks several mornings during the week, even though it's still hot as heck, and I really like getting out with him. Everything he does is adorable to me and I can't imagine my life without him now. I'm so greatful I did everything in the order that I wanted because I only had a vague idea of how much I would love our children. It's nice to be able to give him my undivided attention - because even with me spending every second enjoying him, it's still going way too fast. I did this layout last night and as I put the date on it, I was thinking about how he was just born in March. He was a tiny, little helpless newborn six months ago and now he's sitting up, enjoying things, showing a preference for activities and trying to communicate! How can he have grown so much? These photos, with their October date, would have given me a heart attack in March!



I must admit, however, my first parenting trial is here. Aiden has begun spitting baby food. He does it at every meal, with every mouthful, forcefully enough to splatter me and some of the appliances on the other side of the kitchen! It has gotten worse since I gave him his first teething biscuit last week. I bought the Earth's Best Organic Wheat ones and the Gerber Zwieback Toast. He seems to love both, although the wheat biscuits smell pretty sweet and yummy, but he only gets those at dinner. Still, baby food is suddenly out. I don't know if he doesn't want it or if he is just trying to make us laugh. (Brian and I can't help it, we break down into hysterics at his bad habit!) We're trying not to laugh and it's quickly becoming less and less funny. This morning I placed a folded paper towel on his lips as he spit to stop the spray and said "no-no". He understood, because he broke down into a tantrum - with tears and wailing - twice.

I REALLY hate telling him no when he just wants to communicate and have me love him. And I know he can't be the first baby to spit food. What advice do you gals have?

2 comments:

Muggle Mom said...

don't sweat it. just keep trying. neither of the girl liked baby food, so we just skipped it. they really don't "need" it. it's more for practice. he will get all the nutrition he needs from breastmilk or formula until he's one. you can try more finger foods once he gets a little older, maybe 8 months or so.

Kelsey said...

Just be patient and don't give up! He'll get the hang of it and you're doing great! Cute layout, too!