CREDITS:

Digital scrap items in the header, layouts and sidebar are by Miss Mint at PeppermintCreative.com or Jen Wilson at JenWilsonDesigns.com

Friday, November 7, 2008

So What's on Your iPod?

Brian makes fun of my music. (I like a mix of hip-hop, alternative and rock from just about every decade) He's got more sophisticated tastes, picking out chart-toppers a year before they become popular. I frequently download hot 'new' songs only to find he beat me to it by ten months....but I usually identify the up-and-coming hip-hop songs faster than he does so we're even. :)

Any ways, perhaps you'd like to know what I'm blaring while I fly through photoshop, string beads and walk the doberman? Here's a few from my ridiculously random playlist:


That's What You Get - Paramore
You Really Got Me - Van Halen
Live Your Life - T.I. (feat. Rihanna)
Everything is Alright - Motion City Soundtrack
Realize - Colbie Caillat
Misery Business - Paramore
CrushCrushCrush - Paramore
Thing For You - Hinder
Shattered - O.A.R.
Addicted - Saving Abel
Bad Girlfriend - Theory of a Deadman
Decode - Paramore
Whatever You Like (Clean) - T.I.
Got You (Where I Want You) - The Flys
Bubbly - Colbie Caillat
Clumsy - Fergie
Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf
Ooh La La - Goldfrapp
Shake It - Metro Station
Let's Groove - Earth, Wind & Fire
Swing (Clean) - Savage (Brian beat me to this download by several months, believe it or not!)
Beat It (Feat. John Mayer) - Fallout Boy
Think Twice - Eve 6
Dangerous - Kardinal Offishal
The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars
Strict Machine - Goldfrapp



Maybe you can tell me what Brian is always rolling his eyes at....besides the 70's stuff. (He LOATHES disco.) I'm all over Paramore's songs, including Decode which is off the new Twilight soundtrack. Surprised by the rap? A boy I liked in high school listened to it so I turned it on one summer afternoon to see what the draw was. It was 1997 and the "No Way Out" album had just been released, which I bought a few weeks later after discovering I enjoyed several of the songs. Come to find out the guy I liked actually preferred alternative and had just been listening to it to annoy his mom! LOL! Got You by The Flys is one of my favorite songs, if you define a favorite song by one you always pause to listen to and never seem to grow tired of. It came out at the beginning of my senior year and was still being played periodically when Brian and I met a year later, which is probably why I always like hearing it. It reminds me of good times.

Any other songs you think I should check out?

2 comments:

Angela said...

Cool, I'm always looking for a few new good songs. I just may have to check some out.

Kelsey said...

Matt Nathanson. I will burn his cd for you. Love hiM! He relaxes me.