CREDITS:

Digital scrap items in the header, layouts and sidebar are by Miss Mint at PeppermintCreative.com or Jen Wilson at JenWilsonDesigns.com

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

More Hybrid Décor!

Well I'm at it again! Tucking little hybrid projects in every corner, utilizing every empty hook and filling up every patch of blank wall space. Brian seems to be amazed by my ability to cram even more décor on our already-filled walls!



This little yellow sign has my favorite Laura (my sis-in-law) quote. She's such a fun, laid-back mom! I am impressed with how she instinctively runs for her camera, giggling at whatever massive mess her children have just made, not wanting to miss the opportunity to document the moment! How cool of her to think "screw the house/carpet/walls/furniture, my kids are only little once and I'm going to relish every single second!" So guess what Laura, you're getting a sign for your house, too! I saved the original photoshop document so e-mail me and let me know what color you want the background paper to be. I'll match the rest of the embellishments for you. ;)



Okay, THIS sign has been in the works for about 3 weeks. I bought the wood and had Bri cut it a couple weekends ago. I finally got around to finishing it yesterday and I just love it! The funky edge started out as a mess-up. Sams printed my image too small this time, by about 1/4 of an inch. I didn't have the heart to ask Brian to trim all the edges so I decided I would do a smudgy paint border to hide the fact that the print didn't go all the way to the edge. I painted the border and hated it. I grabbed a paper towel and tried to wipe it away but it had already dried in some places and wasn't budging. I actually kind of liked how messy it looked so I grabbed my sanding sponge and really roughed up the edges of the wood & photo paper. So the edge is this multiple-toned black painted wood, half-sanded wood, sanded photo paper, cream background print, black paint smudge, totally old world looking effect. LOVE IT! This is just proof that no matter what, you really can't mess up a hybrid. I could light the thing on fire and there would be people e-mailing me for directions on how to get "that burned look"! LOL!





This is the mother's day card I made. I started by designing my own template, mimicing other tie-front flap cards I have seen. Then I papered it, printed it and cut everything out. The embellishments are held in place by mini glue dots, 3-D glue dots and Sticky Doos foam squares. (All from Hobby Lobby.) My collection of hybriding supplies is ridiculous. Who else would need five types of adhesives to glue paper to paper?? LOL!

Okay, I'm off to work in the playroom. Brian finished building my new office-in-a-closet so now all I need to do is move my stuff in, organize and YAY! We will have a playroom by this weekend!!! And even more wall space to hang hybrid projects....... :D (I'll post pics when it's all done. We have 'before' shots, too. Yikes. LOL!)

No comments: